Monday, December 3, 2012

Lost in the Sunrise: Here I am


What once was but an empty vessel that harbored a broken soul
Here I stand before you, someone you used to know as whole
Even though a love that once reigned true, has faded into the blue
I once saw something in you, which made me to want to stay
What else is left to say, now I must continue this journey one more day alone.

Moving forward into the blue, who knew, those bittersweet memories they’d ensue
I have learnt a few, insalubrious lessons from our mistakes, our heartaches
I pray that they have given way, allowing us to breakthrough
To escape the melancholy gloom that looms over us
So dark and dreary threatening to engulf us whole
All those awful things that were said in hast made us doubt our beliefs
In something we once consider fate is now but a distant memory
I know in my heart of hearts, your absence has left a the hole inside my heart
But even so, as time passes its slowly but surely the once parted now becomes whole

They say what does not kill us makes us strong
Every once in awhile, I find myself wandering those empty hallways of my heart
And when I feel it taking over, I find myself crying,morning a love that got away
Now that I have come to accept, and moved forward without feeling any regret
The road ahead is long, and the journey most likely treacherous
But I have my life ahead of me, even I will confess there are days I just can’t face
I know accepting what happened, how things played out, and forgiving the past
Was what we had to do which allows us to let go
To make right a grievous wrong, and  allow us to move on.

-Lost n Retrospect


Jason Chen - Here Am I (Official Music Video) Prod. By Nine Diamond

Lost Thoughts: Regardless of the impact, the human condition is vastly perplex and more complicated than  some may like to  portray it to be. Take heart,  love is eternal and forever, even if it never returned, for true love requires no reciprocation. It is given selflessly and without expectations. So, don't hesitate to love fully and openly for as long as you love with all of your heart, you are always true to yourself there is absolutely no shame in doing so, because the alternative is not to feel at all. Regret is harder to live with.

No comments: