Friday, February 8, 2013

Lost's Perspective:There are no wrong choices, just not the best choices!!




Though sometimes I find myself questioning even ideas and thoughts that I have always revered and upheld, there are times I can't help but wonder have I done enough, do the people around me know how much they have impacted my life and helped kept me going even on those crazy days? Those who know me well and even may have had the fortune ( or misfortune which every prospective you may choose to view it from) to have work with me on any one of my many projects, know me well enough to know that I am not only a avid idealist, but conversationalist who loves to share her ideas. I believe that I help improve myself by helping others. Though it does sound a bit self-serving, trust me when I say I always put others ahead of myself. Especially, in situations where the interest of people I care about come into play. I am the first to admit that I am nothing without the support and love of my family, friends, and colleagues. Because lets face it, I do not live on an island with a population of one. Oh, contraire my dear! We in fact live amongst others in a global community of peers.   We cannot survive on our own isolated from the world. I know that some may find away to argue with me on this one, but I stand firm on my belief that this is true to the best of my knowledge and is based on my experience. For it is the love and kindness of others that feeds the flames of life that ensures the engine within us all continues to chug forward. Motivation and inspiration is all around as I have always claimed it to be. Sometimes the very thing that inspires us, ironically test our resolves. It pushes us to our very limit of tolerance and begs the question what now!!????  Which road do I take? What if its not the right decision? What if I make the wrong choice? But before you throw down the towel of despair, I genuinely believe that there is not '"real wrong choice'" just not the best choice. For things always workout for the best in the end whether it was as we imagined it to be or desired it to be. Those very choices are like breadcrumbs that are left along the pathway of life that leads us back to whence we came. Don't live life with regrets! Simply learn from those not to right choices and remember that bittersweet after taste that they have left linger in our mouths for the next time hopefully you will make the better choice if ever you are faced with the same dilemma again. This time you will not only be wiser, but more informed and prepared for what lies ahead. 

On the eve of this most auspicious Chinese New Year, I wish you all a very happy and prosperous new year and may love, happiness and good fortune continue to shower and fill your heart with contentment! XXX 

No comments: