Saturday, September 8, 2012

Here and Now:


Here and now I stand before with my heart on my sleeve
The deafening sounds of my broken heart, 
Drowns out the chaos around me pulling me apart
Exposed and vulnerable, alone and afraid
You came around and you knocked me off the ground
Without a sound, your presence has become so profound
Here and now I am on my knees, I beg you, please take heed
There is so much uncertainly that looms all around
Pain and sorrow has long since been a close companion of mine
 I don't know how to unwind what once was so intertwined.
The vacant space that laid empty in my heart
Weighs heavy on my weary soul
To others I am but an lump of coal, but
To you I am a diamond in the rough
Tough and bold, contented keeping others at bay
Finding it hard to say the words that convey,
For the words they escape me, 
You’ve broken my will, given me a reason to believe, awaken the mill
The wheels churn inside my head as I lay down to bed
Images of you dance around, filling my mind with such a profound
Reverberating, sometimes overwhelming sense of pure delight
Engrossing me completely and desperately yearning to utterly get lost with you.

-Lost n Her Element



No comments: