Thursday, October 11, 2012

The Healing Power of Love: It feeds and warms the soul...


As of late, it has been harder to open up and life’s tremulous affairs of the heart have made me into a bit of an ice queen. Call it a defense mechanism if you will, but honestly I hate labeling people and shuffling them off into nice and tidy corners. So, naturally I don't care for being labeled myself, because it places limits on what I can achieve. Life is complicated and challenging enough without placing undue burden unnecessarily.   But I am the first to recognize my own limitations and shortcomings, I have become fearful and not particularly demonstrative person when it comes to love, but more and  more I have  learnt to accept and love myself, the easier it has become to vocalize to others how much I care for them. These days I get a real buzz out of sharing my love openly and courageously. I use the word courageously because I know only too well how scary it can be so open with your love but my experience with it has shown me that the rewards are totally worth it.
I hope that my post will inspire you to possibly begin vocalizing your love more and maybe even writing some love letters. Might I suggest that you start by writing one to yourself? Keep in mind that you may very well find that it will be hardest to write one to yourself, because it was a challenge for me, and I barely managed to start mine but I'm working on it. Writing love letters to other people by comparison feels naturally free flowing. 
It seems like a natural part of human interaction to express ones feelings, I soon realized that I could have quite easily gone my whole life without letting those closest to me know just how important they are to me and how much I love them. 
If writing isn't your forte, then why not just randomly tell your loved ones? Trust me, it feels great and you might find you even get a hang of it.

Lost's Reflection: I am very lucky to have people in my life who tell me that I am loved and appreciated and reminded daily how special I am. In writing this post and most importantly something someone very special shared with me hit home and got me thinking that I don’t tell people often enough when they have had a positive impact on my life. I’m working on changing that. So, it’s a personal challenge of mine to be more assertive and share my thoughts and feelings more openly with those I am closest to. I do not want to waste another day or let another second go by without telling them how much they have enriched my life and impacted my day with their love and compassion. Oh, yes one more thing, '"I love you!"" 

No comments: